The ABC member understands and agrees that my participation in events, programs, races or activities organised, operated, conducted and/or sanctioned by the Ahmedabad Bicycling Club is conditional upon execution of this document.
- That the member is aware that cycling, and in particular competitive cycling, endurance and BMX racing, involves the possibility of injury or death.
- That the member accepts these risks, and all other arising from these events and programs, even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any way with the Ahmedabad Bicycling Club events and programs. The member may be involved in, the venues at which these events and programs takes place or by those organising, officiating or participating in these events and programs throughout the year, including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, volunteers and representatives (the “Releasees”).
- The member understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS / HER PRESONAL SAFETY REMAINS WITH SELF, including physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in all events and programs throughout the year.
- The member undertakes and agrees to remove himself / herself from participation if he / she senses or observes any unusual hazard or unsafe condition, or it, at any time, at any event or program, he / she feels unable or unfit to safely continue for any reason.
- The member gives, a FULL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that he / she has, or may have in the future, against Ahmedabad Bicycling Club, and all other Releasees from all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that he / she may suffer as a result of participation in any part or parts of the events or programs or his / her presence at any venue at which they may take place, due to any cause whatsoever including the forms of negligence set forth in paragraph 2 above or from any breach of contract or statutory duty or other duty of care including any duty of care owed under the relevant Occupier’s Liability, on the part of the Releasees.
- The member AGREES NOT TO SUE and further agrees TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS the Releasees from all expenses, fees, liability or damage award or cost of any type whatsoever arising from his / her participation in these events or programs.
THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION SIGNIFIES HAVING READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. The member should be aware that by signing membership application form he / she is waiving substantial legal rights (on his / her behalf and on behalf of his / her heirs, executors, administrator and next of kin), including the giving up of his / her right to sue.